Fall-ify Your Home: Part III - 3 Ways to Style Your Coffee Table
SO I originally intended to share my top area rug suggestions for Part 3 of Fall-ify Your Home. Recently, however, we've hosted several large gatherings and it inspired me to shift gears a bit. I've observed that after spending time in the kitchen we always end up in the living room. This room is (most likely) centered around your coffee table. This is a perfect place to infuse some Fall decor along with showcasing your personality and interests.
There are only a few guidelines for styling a surface. I'm sharing three easy styling tips that will transition through any season. Be it an elaborate or a simple arrangement your coffee table will feel inspired and spark conversation.
Start by gathering the following items already in your home:
BOOKS | VASES | SCULPTURAL OBJECTS | GREENERY | TRAYS & BOWLS | COASTERS
Lets recap a few of those guidelines
- Arrange items in odd numbers, not even
- Display books that you actually enjoy reading
- Its okay to blend faux and real greenery/florals
- Select a decorative tray that's the proper scale (not too small)
- Create levels with varying the heights of objects
- Include texture, sparkle & whimsey
- Embrace darker tones for Fall and Winter decor
If you're in need of some really beautiful yet interesting coffee table books here are some of my favs.
The next post WILL be on Fall area rugs, great color combos with varying price points. I'll also share how to determine the proper size rug for your space. Get your budget together, you'll want to purchase at least one of these beauties!
Cheers, Laura Thurman